Why An Exclusive Buyer’s Agent?
An Exclusive Buyer’s Agent I pledge the following to my Buyer-clients:
- To seek property that best fits the Buyer’s needs regardless of what company lists it
- To review pricing policies and trends
- To help the Buyer to analyze and select neighborhoods, schools, driving distances, a closing attorney and the like
- To negotiate on behalf of the Buyer
- To provide assistance and guidance with mortgages, insurance, warranties, an inspections and repairs
All of these I pledge with the objective of making the purchase process beneficial to my Buyer-clients.
As you know, for a real estate purchase to occur there has to be a buyer and a seller. A real estate agent or agents are involved in most purchases. Frequently, the agent(s) “representing” the Buyer is with the company “representing” the Seller. The agent cannot possibly represent the Buyer’s interests fully while also representing the seller. Even when the agents are from different companies, the agent working with the Buyer may have similar listings which cause him/her to focus on selling property.
As a potential Buyer, if you really want your interests represented, a Realtor who will negotiate hard on your behalf, focuses on services that benefit you, and is knowledgeable about the things that are important to you, then you need a Buyer’s Agent to work with and for you.
“There are a lot of things to worry about when buying a home. Whether your agent represents you, shouldn’t be one of them,” says my broker, David Kent.
The Buying Process
Additional information and resources may be found on The Real Buyer’s Agent website.